Te Anau MTB skills courses
Mission WOW and BlackFox Ride are bringing our women mountain bike skills courses to the trails near you. Two levels, an intro to MTB skills and a progression session for those who have done a skills course or been riding confidently for a while.
- Intro- Fri 27 Mar 11am-2pm $120pp
- Intro- Fri 27 Mar 3.30-6.30pm $120pp
- Intro- Sat 28 Mar 9-12pm-$120pp
- Progression- Sat 28 Mar 1-4pm- $120pp
Register online for all courses here
Intro to mountain bike skills courses- the basic skills so you can feel more confident on your bike and enjoy riding new areas. We cover bike set-up, body position, braking and gears
- Bike set-up– seat, handlebars, tyres and basic maintenance check
- Body position– for descending and climbing with balance, stability and traction
- Brakes– front & rear differences for controlling speed and improving confidence with gradual, consistent and modulated use.
- Gears– change efficiently and accurately to maintain consistent cadence according to speed and terrain
Experience required- This course is ideal for people new to mountain biking who want to understand the basic skills for a good platform to build on to feel more confident.
Fitness required– basic general fitness is ideal to get the most out of the course, but we can work with most situations.
Mountain bike skills course for more flow, fun and confidence on your bike, working on technique pumping, jumping or technical terrain. We’ll review the basics then get stuck into the next level details
- Body position– refresh for descending and climbing with balance, stability and traction
- Cornering– to improve traction and stability to help drive the bike where you want it to go
- Line choice– for flow, confidence and efficient lines
- Weight distribution and pressure control to help get your wheels off the ground
Experience required- This course is ideal for riders who are confident on beginner/intermediate trails, riding off-road on undulating trails or single track and want to cover the basics to progress to more technical terrain.
Fitness required– good general fitness is ideal to get the most out of the course, but we can work with most situations.